AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Thursday, May 24

Garlic SOS


I have been searching high and lo, conventional and organic, and sadly, the only available garlic hails from China. I need garlic on most meals, but, when one decides to eat 'locally', well, Chinese garlic just doesn't get bought. On the other hand, powdered garlic salt doesn't make sense either; even if it were produced at my neighbour's house I would not, could not.

So, if you have any leads on Ontario grown garlic, please, please let this garlic-lovin'-mama know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is usually a garlic seller at the City Hall Wed farmer's market. I was always under the impression that the products had to be local.

Jamie said...

I watched a really cool program once (maybe it was PBS) on garlic farming and they talked about how anyone can do it on their own. After watching the whole process I ruled that out. But maybe you could grow your own? I love the last quote by the way. Really motivating for my situation.