AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Monday, November 26

Marrying the leftovers



After teaching an exhilirating two hour cupcake class to a 1, 2, 3 and 4 year old, the last thing I can do is make a creative and delicious meal. Knowing this, Friday and Saturday night I made double batches of dinner, so that tonight, Sunday I could marry the leftovers. What you see is steamed kale, sauteed sweet potato + abundant ginger + garlic + onion, steamed broccoli, adzuki beans, and tofu on a bed of basmati rice, laced in I-can't-get-enough-of-this-tahini-hot sesame oil dressing.

Tonight the only thing I had to do is heat up the oven (we are anti microwaves), pour two classes of Argentine vino and voila! Oh yes, how could I forget, no dinner table is completely set without its copy of the 'wiring' bible...

No comments: