AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Monday, May 25

The Empanada Baby


Juan Reda, Owner/Butcher Juan Meat Market - never met a harder working man in my life. Talk about ironies, I'm a vegetarian and he's one of my childhood idols!


Juan Meat Market aka "El Gaucho", 18 Beverly Hills Dr. (Wilson & Jane), Toronto,
416-248-2808


Portrait of a stern lookin' gaucho with mate gourd in hand.




Juan's sells meat plus it's a delightful Argentine food boutique - empanadas, dulce de leche, soccer jerseys, cold cuts, fresh bread, mate products, facturas (pastries), and much more!



Bought 'tapas de empanadas' (empanada shells/covers) and stuffed them with mostly Ontario veggies.



Village Papa took one bite, slow-motion nodded with controlled delight and purred 'these are good'. I'll share the recipe later this week, and I'll explain the title of this post.

Will announce winner of the contest tomorrow. Wishing you all a sweet night!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wonderful to see Argentina in Canada! I'll look for the recipe, wonderful post and glad I found it!