AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Monday, August 14

Deviance in the Kitchen




This morning still no baby, so more baking. Whipped up Dreena's Orange-Poppy Seed Muffins, but here's my deviance: omitted cinnamon and allspice because I didn't want anything overpowering the orange; only had chcoclate soy milk so I replaced the non-dairy milk with maple syrup and applesauce; had a mere 1 cup of ground oats so I used 1/4 cup more of unbleached all-purpose flour. I used a mini pan, which requires less baking time, baked them for 18 mins. Got 36 little zesty orange bundles.

I skipped the almond slivers in Dreena's Double Chocolate Almond Explosion Cookies, and instead of almond extract used peppermint. Doubled the recipe, and ended up with 30 medium cookies - which the mini cookie monster and I ate 3 of within NO time!

No comments: