AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Thursday, August 10

Things of Beauty: Tofino, BC



If I had a million dollars...I'd pack up our family and head to Tofino, BC, so hubby and I could take up surfing. If I had two million dollars we'd go a little further, Brazil. Long term my bio would read: mama, writer/editor, surfer.


COOKIE UPDATE:
Still obsessed with cookie-making; I'm up to sixtupling (12 x 6 = 72!) Dreena's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies. Didn't have vanilla extract so I used almond extract, plus I was a little more generous with the oil. I wasn't able to get them off the baking pan to the rack within one minute, so they are a tiny, very tiny bit harder, but the extra oil made them slightly crunchier. I ate three for dessert, so I'd say 10/10. Next time I think I'll experiment using peppermint extract and some cocoa powder.


I should explain the baking frenzy: I'm 4 days away from my due date, so I'm in MAJOR-FIFTH-GEAR-NESTING-MODE. Happened when I was pregnant with our now 22-month old. I just have this mama hen need to ensure we have treats for the midwives.

No comments: