AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Friday, December 1

Still life photos of our not-so-still life

I use to be compulsive about TO DO lists, now with two kiddies I simply aim to get one thing done each day. Yesterday the one thing was 'book a haircut appointment'. If you have children, you won't be surprised to learn that I didn't make that phone call until about 5pm.

So today, Friday, December 1st, 2006 my one TO DO/DESIRE: bake.


Happy to report that we now have 'Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies' from Vive Le Vegan! and 'Your Basic Chocolate Cupcakes' from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Cupcake frosting ceremony may happen later...



You're probably wondering, 'if she can't manage to make a simple phone call, how did she manage to bake two different items?' Easy: bribed my jr. sous-chef/baker with a bag full of crayons and markers, some chocolate chips and an unlimited supply of maple syrup. P.S. 'colores' is Spanish for 'colours'


While we waited for the cupcakes to bake, toys took over the sofa, frogs swarmed a tractor and a shark and dolphin attacked a giant butterfly.










After we were done snacking I joyfullly announced: we'll watch the video one more time, and then we ARE going 'night night'. It's 4:04pm and they're F-I-N-A-L-L-Y **BOTH** asleep!


Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: