AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Thursday, October 4

Finisher!


Photo credit: http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com/en/photos.htm#2007


On Sunday September 30th I crossed the finish line of my fourth marathon!!!!

I crossed the finish line in 4:59:05; my worst finish time to date, but it was my personal best, becasue it was my first marathon as a mom.

How I managed to train for a full marathon with a 2 1/2 yr old and a baby in tow, can be summed up in two words: team effort. I got a lot of joy from the training, and our family became stronger from the experience. You'll eventually get to read about it...in articles and book form...

The marathon fell on a picture perfect day, the kind of day long distance runners dream about. I ran with my sister, and besides her company I had so many things to be grateful for: my health, my family, and the support of many kind people, including those that put a pledge on the charity I was running for.

Total pledges for The Beaches Lions Club are approximately $3800; plus, we received a third place award of $1000 for our cheering section! Running for this community centre was definitely an honour.

Many thanks to all of you for your interest in me and the Jonathan Ashbridge Community Centre / Beaches Lions Clubhouse .

I send you a sincere and great big thank you hug ;- )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats congrats congrats! I'm amazing that anyone can find the time and energy to train for marathons let alone a mom with a 2.5 year old. Wow....kudos to you. I wish I could find the time and energy again. Once may be all I have in me!