AN URBAN MAMA'S TAKE ON NURTURING HER FAMILY

Tuesday, December 11

Christmas Baking, Session 1: Postcard to Natalie

Dear Natalie, here's fresh baked proof that this recipe is friendly. Enjoy!



Late last night papa, baby girl and I prepped the dough so it would be ready to be rolled by jr cookie monster and baby girl first thing this morning.














We blared classic Christmas music. Covered ourselves in spelt flour, and now papa has his first naked Gingerbread Cookies of the season - snakes, dinosaurs, bears, bats, pumpkins, Christmas trees, and many more joyful year round shapes. We love you papa, and your laughter is always with us, even when you have to go to work.

Notes about this recipe: For best results I always refrigerate dough overnight; recipe calls for 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour, we used 2 1/3 cups of spelt; this recipe is delicious, I always double or triple the batch; you 'may' want to cut down the ground nutmeg to 1/4 tsp; for easy-peasy no stick clean up line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Parchment paper has a long life, you can reuse again and again.

Next up: frosting!


Recipe source: http://www.readersdigest.ca/christmas/recipes_party/kids_cookie_party/easy_gingerbread_cookies.html

3 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Ah! Beautiful! It really is about the fun, the process, enjoying the moment, yes? I can just hear the laughter and joy. After our second round of baking, this time sugar cookies, I need at least 1 week before I endeavor to bake again... or maybe I should find the will power to forward our cookies instead of inhaling so many lol!

Maude Lynn said...

I may have to try this! My daughter has been asking for gingerbread cookies.

MomOf4 said...

This looks fantastic!! Thanks for the very nice comment on my blog! I truly appreciate it and will keep the quote you sent me close at hand! :)